How to Scrub Metadata from Video Files to Remove Digital Traces?
Overview: In this blog, you will discover both manual and expert techniques to scrub metadata from Video files in simple stages. So, if you want to do this task, then this post will be beneficial for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Importance of Scrubbing Metadata from Video Files
Metadata of Video files include sensitive information such as author name, their location, and other confidential information. Users may secure their privacy and keep their data safe from the bad actors by scrubbing the information. A benefit for users who wish to share or watch the video clip online is that removing information can also make the video file smaller.
Does the information in the previous phrase about removing metadata from video files match your needs? Or do you have any other worry? No problems. We will provide the most effective and best methods to accomplish this task accurately. So, without wasting time, lets begin.
How to Scrub Metadata from Video Files Manually?
Follow the step-by-step process to manually remove metadata from Video files:
- Step 1. Right-click on the Video file to begin the process.
- Step 2. Now, select the Properties option from the list.
- Step 3. Once the dialog box open, click the Details button.
- Step 4. Click Links, remove properties and personal information.
- Step 5. Enable the option “remove the following properties from this file”
- Step 6. Then, click on select All and Ok.
That’s it. By following the above steps, you can scrub metadata from Video files manually.
The manual process has several restrictions even if it appears to be extremely simple and free.
Limitations of Manual Process
- Lengthy as well as time-consuming process.
- It is challenging to find and delete all the metadata.
- The video may suffer irreparable harm if a mistake is made throughout the procedure.
- By manual process, it might be challenging to guarantee that the metadata is totally removed.
- It is challenging to confirm if the information was properly scrubbed
- It is not a safe way to get rid of metadata.
These are the most common limitations of manually scrubbing metadata from Video files. material. It is advised to utilize any professional program to get beyond these restrictions.
Introducing the Exclusive Video Metadata Scrubber Tool
DotStella Metadata Eraser is the most reliable and easy to use application to scrub metadata from Video files. All the shortcomings of a manual procedure may be readily handled by the software. With this software, it is possible to scrub metadata from multiple files at the same time. The user interface of the program is quite intuitive. This software can be used to remove metadata from Video files without changing any other attributes.
This software can be easily use to strip out information like author and copyright information, as well as any other potentially sensitive data, from any video file. Also, you just have to follow some simplest steps to get this task done.
How to Scrub Metadata from Video Files? Step by Step Guide
- Download the Video Metadata Scrubber Software on your Windows computer.
- Install and run the app and click the Open tab to begin the process.
- Click on Media option, choose MP4, and click on Choose Files or Choose folders to browse files.
- Now, click on the loaded files and preview content, message headers, hex values, and more.
- Choose the Actions Toolbar and select the Clear Metadata option.
- Finally, select the required location and click the Save button to begin the process.
That’s it. By following the above steps, one can easily scrub metadata from Video files.
Features of the Professional Video Metadata Scrubber Tool
- Batch Removal is Possible: The application successfully supports to scrub metadata from multiple Video files in bulk at once. You don’t have to browse Video files one by one.
- Preview Complete Data: You can preview Video content before removing metadata. With this application, you can easily preview Video files data such as content, message headers and more.
- Maintains All the Properties: The program keeps all attributes while removing information from Video files. Only video files’ metadata are removed by the program. The rest of the files’ content is unchanged.
- Supports Image Files: With this app, it is also possible to scrub metadata from JPEG images, clean metadata from TIFF images, and remove metadata from multiple images.
- Choose Selective Files: With this advance software, it is possible to scrub metadata from selective files. So, use the batch or selective removal of Video metadata files.
- Choose the Output Location: The application allows you to choose the location where you need to save the resultant files. This feature will help you to easily access and manage the resultant files.
- Windows Compatible Software: You can use this Video Metadata Scrubber Software on any Windows platform. The application successfully supports all the versions such as Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and more.
Commonly Asked Users Questions and Answers
Ques 1. What is video metadata?
Ans 1. Video metadata contains information about a particular video, including the length, format, codec, quality, and other technical details.
Ques 2. What kind of video files can I remove the metadata from using this software?
Ans 2. With this application, it is possible to scrub metadata from multiple Video files including MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, and WMV.
Ques 3. What is the time required to remove metadata from a video file?
Ans 3. A video file’s size and format determine how long it takes to remove its information. Most of the time, it simply takes a few seconds to a few minutes.
In today’s content, we have captured the query how to scrub metadata from Video files. Here, we have explained both professional and manual methods to get this task done. The explained is complete tested and useful. But, we would like to recommend you to use professional software to get the accurate results in bulk in easy steps.