Guide to Remove Metadata from JPEG Files in Bulk to Remove Digital Footprints
Introduction: In this informative blog, you will learn two most satisfying methods to remove metadata from JPEG files. In this section, we’ll also go through the step-by-step process for completing this activity. Your only remaining task is to select the approach that best meets your demands.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is JPEG Metadata?
Metadata in JPEG files is an information embedded in a JPEG image which can contains information including the date the image was taken, the photographer’s name, camera settings, copyright information, etc. This Metadata information can access by some specific software and can use to help organize and search for photos.
Why Remove Metadata from JPEG Files?
Users may need to delete information from JPEG photos for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To safeguard people’s privacy: As we have mentioned, metadata contains users personal information such as name, copyright etc. So, by removing meta properties from JPEG files, you can safeguard them.
- To avoid unauthorized use of images: An image source may be determined using metadata, which can also be used to trace an image back to its owner.
- In order to reduce file size: By removing metadata from JPEG files, you can reduce file size of images.
- Improve the Upload Speed: By removing meta information from JPEG photos, upload performance increase as the size shrank.
The aforementioned are the most typical justifications for why it’s crucial to remove information from JPEG photos. We hope one of the points is appropriate for you.
Now, after knowing about them, lets move on to the solutions. This task can be easily accomplish manually or with the help of Professional Metadata Eraser Software.
How to Scrub Metadata from JPEG File Manually?
To manually remove metadata from JPEG, follow the below steps:
- Step 1. Open your JPEG image into Image Editor.
- Step 2. Click the File tab and choose Properties or Information to open and view your existing metadata.
- Step 3. Kindly choose the metadata you want to remove and delete.
- Step 4. Save the fresh file and close the Image Editor.
That’s it. By following these steps, you can remove metadata from JPEG file one at a time.
What Are the Limitations?
- Manual removing meta from JPEG image is a time-consuming process.
- It is not possible to erase some type of Metadata from JPEG files.
- Manually removing information may result in data inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
- If there are several files to be processed, managing the manual metadata removal might be challenging.
- It is very difficult to say that complete metadata is removed from JPEG file.
These are the most common limitations of manually removing meta from JPEG files. It has many more. So, it is always suggested to go with the expert application to overcome all the limitations.
Professional JPEG Metadata Remover Software
The suggested solution is the most reliable and powerful application available on the internet. With this solution, it is possible to remove metadata from multiple JPEG images in bulk at once. The solution also allow users to choose only those files from which they need to remove metadata. When you use this app to erase meta from JPEG files, the application preserves all properties. You will definitely get the accurate and safe results without facing any type of hassle.
In addition, the application also comes up with the free demo version facility. You can use the freeware to test the working and features without investing money. So, take a test drive first.
Step by Step Process to Scrub Meta from JPEG Files
- Install and run the solution and click the Open tab.
- Choose the Image Files option and JPEG from it.
- Click the Choose Files / Choose Folders to browse your JPEG images.
- The application quickly load all the selected files or folders on the left panel.
- Click on the loaded files and preview your JPEG files before removal.
- Now, go to Actions Toolbar and choose Clear Metadata from.
- Choose the required Location and click the Save button to begin the process.
The application starts removing metadata from JPEG images. This process will take only a few moments.
That’s it. By following the above steps, one can easily delete meta properties from JPEG files in bulk.
- Remove Metadata from Word Files
- Strip Metadata from Multiple Image Files
- Remove Metadata from PowerPoint Files
- Remove Metadata from RTF Documents
Exclusive Features of the Software
- With this solution, it is possible to remove meta from multiple JPEG files at the same time.
- The software successfully supports to remove metadata from selected JPEG images as per the need.
- With this JPEG Metadata Remover Tool, you can preview complete JPEG images.
- Also, the application allows you to choose the location where you need to save the resultant output.
- You can choose the required location where you need to save the resultant output.
- There is no file size limitation imposed on the app to erase meta from JPEG images.
- JPEG Metadata Removal Software comes up with the very simple graphical user interface.
In today’s blog, we have explained how to remove metadata from JPEG files. Here, we have provided both manual and expert application to get this task done without facing issues. But our personal recommendation is to use professional software if you need to remove metadata from bulk JPEG files. Hope you will find the blog helpful.
Thanks for reading the blog.