How to Remove Metadata from Word Document Files on Windows?
Overview: Do you have a large number of Word document files? Need to share files with someone for work-related purposes? Looking for a method to securely remove metadata from Word Document files in order to remove digital traces? If so, you will find this DotStella blog to be quite helpful.
Table of Contents
Need to Remove Metadata from Word Documents
- In order to ensure that the sensitive information, such as author and edit details, is not shared.
- To prevent someone else from using the your Word document without any permission.
- In order to avoid the copyright infringement of the Word document content.
- To prevent the disclosure of sensitive information.
- In order to reduce the file size.
- To ensure that there is no harmful code hiding within the page.
The most frequent causes for users to need to remove metadata from Word document files are as follows. The purpose of deleting meta attributes from Word documents should now be clear to you after reading these. Let’s move on to the solutions to complete this task.
Method 1 – Manually Remove Metadata from Word Documents
Follow the step-by-step process mentioned below to manually remove meta from Word document files:
- Step 1. First of all, open the Word document and go to File menu.
- Step 2. Now, click on the Info option from the given drop-down.
- Step 3. Click the Check for Issues option and Inspect Document.
- Step 4. Choose the type of metadata you want to remove from file.
- Step 5. Click on the Remove button to begin the removal process.
To delete the metadata attributes from each file, follow the same steps.
People Also Ask
How to Scrub Metadata from PDF Files?
How to Remove Metadata from Video Files?
What Are the Limitations of Manual Method?
- Manually removing of Word documents files is time-consuming process.
- It can be more challenging to locate and delete metadata since it might be included into the document in a number of different ways.
- Different versions of Word documents may have different steps to remove metadata from Word files.
- It might be difficult to manually remove information from large documents.
- It is challenging to guarantee that the metadata is removed permanently and cannot be recovered.
These are the most common limitations of manually removing metadata from Word document files.
Method 2 – Professional Word Metadata Remover Software
Metadata Eraser Software for Windows is the most reliable and professional solution. We have developed this solution for users to safely and accurately remove metadata from Word document files without facing hassle. With this solution, it is possible to remove meta properties from Word documents in bulk. Also, you can preview your data such as content, message headers, hex values, raw messages before removing metadata.
Also, in order to remove metadata from Word document files, you just have to follow some simple steps. There are no such formalities.
How to Remove Metadata from Word Files?
- Step 1. Firstly, download the free demo version of this Word Metadata Remover Tool. The freeware will help you to test the working and features without investing anything.
- Step 2. Install and run the app and click the Open tab.
- Step 3. Select the required option and click on Choose Files or Choose Folders option.
- Step 4. The app instantly load all the selected files on the left panel. Click on the loaded files and preview data.
- Step 5. Go to Actions Toolbar and click the Clear Metadata option.
- Step 6. Choose the required destination path and click the Save button.
That’s it. By following the above steps, one can easily remove metadata from Word document files all at once.
What Considers This App As The Best?
- Bulk Removal Feature: With this software, it is possible to remove metadata from multiple Word documents in bulk at once. You don’t have to select Word files one by one.
- Select Required Files: If you need to remove meta properties from selected Word document files, it is possible. The application allows you to choose only selected files.
- Preview Complete Data: Before removing metadata from Word documents, the app provides the detailed preview. You can preview Word files content, message headers, hex values, raw messages, properties, and more.
- Choose Output Location: With this Word Document Metadata Remover, you can choose the required location where you need to get the resultant output.
- Maintains All Properties: When removing metadata from Word Document File, the app maintains all properties. There will be no changes done with the original formatting and content of Word documents. Only metadata will remove.
Looking for further features? To check that all of the features are functional, please download the free demo version.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Ques 1. What the Word Metadata Remover is and what it does?
Ans 1. It is a most powerful application that helps you remove hidden data from Microsoft Word documents.
Ques 2. How much would it cost to delete the metadata from two machines?
Ans 2. You should get the 39$ personal license if you need to delete metadata from files on two different computers.
Ques 3. Which types of metadata data did this word metadata remover remove?
Ans 3. This software can easily remove several types of metadata, such as author, title, subject, keywords, comments, hyperlinks, document properties, version history, document statistics, and custom properties.
Ques 4. Does the software supports Image file types?
Ans 4. Yes, with this app, you can perform the following actions:
In today’s content, we have captured the query how to remove metadata from Word document file. Here, we have provided the different methods to get this task done. It is our personal advice to use the professional solution if you have a large number of Word document files. The suggested exclusive application will help you to remove metadata from multiple document files to maintain sensitive information.