Migrate Gmail to ProtonMail Including All Folders and Attributes
If you are a Gmail user looking for a great and convenient way to migrate your emails to ProtonMail, look no further than this web page. This platform contains one of the most beneficial solutions to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail.
The goal of ProtonMail is to make email communication more secure. End-to-end encryption is provided for your e-mails. If you’re looking for end-to-end encryption, you’ve found it. Depending on your budget and needs, you can choose between a free and a paid version of the app.
So all we can say is that ProtonMail is beneficial to both you and your emails. To ensure the security of your e-mails and to enable you to use a new e-mail service, we therefore offer you the following methods to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail.
So please review the methods and choose the one that best suits you and your needs.
Manual Method to Migrate Gmail to ProtonMail
The Import Assistant software makes it simple to export Gmail folders to ProtonMail. You can import your emails if you have a paid subscription to the Import Export app.
Follow the steps below if you have the Import Export App.
- Sign in to your Gmail account from Import Assistant if prompted. You’ll be able to import all of your Gmail account’s folders from this point on.
- You should click Add Account in the Import Export app. You will then be asked to log into your ProtonMail account.
- By choosing Import after logging in to the Import Export app with your ProtonMail account, you can import files or emails into your account.
- You should now choose import from Account
- Continue with the configuration of automatic forwarding after you’ve imported existing messages from Gmail.
To forward your Gmail messages to ProtonMail, follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings on your Gmail account by clicking the gear in the top right corner.
- Click Add a forwarding address in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section.
- In the new box, type your ProtonMail address, then click Next and Proceed.
- Go to ProtonMail and look for a Google confirmation message.
- Verify your ProtonMail address and confirm forwarding by clicking the link in the email.
- Go to your Gmail account’s webpage and refresh it.
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail from the dropdown menu under Forwarding and POP/IMAP in the Forwarding and POP/IMAP section.
- Click the Save Changes button.
So, this is the first method you can use to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail. But before using this method, there are a few points that you should focus on.
Points to Consider Before Using This Manual Method
- A paid version of ProtonMail must be available to use this method. You are not allowed to perform this task in the free version because you have no import help.
- There are problems migrating the large amounts of data. Since you can export certain amounts of data or you have to buy the premium version if you want to migrate all of them.
- There may be a verification issue while importing the data from Gmail into ProtonMail.
- The last one is as you can see that the process is very extensive and you have to switch from Gmail to ProtonMail and import assistance several times.
So if you find this method time consuming and very tedious, you can choose the next method. So let’s find out what this method is.
An Automated Approach to Migrate Gmail Emails to ProtonMail
The Gmail Mailboxes Backup Tool is a strategy that can save you time and effort in such data export. This approach to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail is completely automated, and you can add as many accounts as you want to export data from. The Gmail emails to ProtonMail migration Tool is very effective and migrates the data directly to ProtonMail without using any other assistance as you have to use the import assistance with the manual method.
Let us explain to you the full process that you need to go through in this tool to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail. So go over it in its entirety and see how efficiently it can do your job.
Step-by Step Process to Export Google Account Folders to ProtonMail
- Click the Open tab, then choose Add Account.
- Enter your Google account details, also provide the IMAP port and server name for Gmail and click the Add button.
- Once you’ve added an account, all the folders in your Gmail account will be uploaded to the left panel.
- Here you can preview your emails if needed.
- Now click on the Export tab and then select IMAP from the list that is visible.
- Enter your ProtonMail credentials, also provide the server and port, and finally hit the Save button.
- Once the process is complete, you can access the ProtonMail account directly from the Open Folder tab.
Now, let’s get to the benefits of using this tool to migrate Gmail folders to ProtonMail.
Check out the Benefits of Gmail to ProtonMail Migrator
- You can select and deselect folders so that you can only export the important ones
- Migrate Gmail to ProtonMail in bulk. Can export entire associated folders at the same time.
- Export the entire Gmail account folders such as Inbox, Sent Box and all personal folders.
- Migrates all properties like calendar, contacts, attachments and everything else.
- Gives you a preview of all your account emails and their associated attachments.
- You can also check the raw view, hex view and message header of all your Gmail emails.
- It is purely standalone and does not require the assistance of any other app configuration.
- You can use this tool on any device that supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and any lower edition.
So these are the benefits that you can enjoy when you use this app to export Gmail emails to ProtonMail. You can take a trial of this tool as it comes with a demo version. So don’t forget to do a trial first.
We gave you the option to migrate Gmail to ProtonMail. One is manual and the other is automated. You can use any of them however you like. However, if you need a small and less time consuming process, you can use the Gmail to ProtonMail Migration Tool. It’s very efficient approach that can export Gmail emails in bulk and directly to ProtonMail and also to Hotmail, Zoho, iCloud, Exchange, Yahoo Mail and more. So choose wisely.