Are You looking to Download Gmail Emails to Hard Drive in Different Ways?
Do you just want to download emails from Gmail to your hard drive or save entire Google data? What is it actually?
The number of users the number of issues
Which one is yours?
- Finding it difficult to access email from Gmail when the server crashes? Well it is.
- Are you struggling to find a good network? Well, it is common that you cannot quickly access your Gmail account.
- Forgot your ID or was it hacked by someone? You can lose all of your data in a split second.
What can you do in such a situation? Well, there is only one way “download email from Gmail to hard drive”. In simple terms, you have a copy of all of your Google data for offline viewing.
Our question now is;
“Would you like to download the complete Google data? Or is it just a Gmail that you are currently focusing on. No matter what your problem is and why you want to back it up, here is the complete solution to download emails from Gmail to hard drive or even the overall Google data that you have associated with your account.”
We are now giving you all possible methods to download emails from Gmail to hard drive. So, let’s start.
There are three primary methods you can use to download Gmail email to computers, one of which is best for downloading all of the Google data. So let’s explain them to you one by one. You go through each method and see which one works best for you.
Learn about the Different Ways to Download Emails from Gmail to Hard Drive
The first method is very simple and short but the only problem with this method is that it is not suitable to download emails from Gmail in bulk. Yes, if you only want to keep a few emails on your drive, this method is best. So let’s see what to do with this method.
- Open your Gmail account on your device to download Gmail emails to hard drive.
- Open the email you want to download to computer.
- Click the 3 dots icon, once the addition options appears, click the download option.
- Your email will now be saved on your device.
As you can see, this method is very time consuming because you have to go through every email and if you have many it will take hours or even days to complete the entire task.
Therefore, to save yourself from this tedious process, you need to look at the next method to download emails from Gmail to hard drive with all attachments.
Use the Google Takeout Feature
This method is best for those who want to download complete Google data, or even download all of the Gmail emails with attachments. Yes, this is the manual feature that Google itself offers to help users save their data.
You can download contacts, your Google Photos, map and anything that is associated with your account. However, there are some limitations to this tactic too, which we will explain to you later, but first you need to go through the process.
- Open your Google account by entering in the URL, https://myaccount.google.com
- Once the Google account page is open, you will see various options in the left panel.
- Now select the “Data & Personalisation” option from the options available.
- Browse the page to navigate “Download, delete or make a plan for your data” section.
- Now click to select “Download your data” option
- You will now see that all account details are selected. So what you have to do is deselect all and just check “Mail”
Note: You will find the complete list of all Google data, here you can select and deselect as required. Say you need to download email or photos; just select these and uncheck all of them.
- Now you have to choose File type and frequency and destination
- Click on Create Export, and once the further page appears, click download.
This is the second method to bulk download emails from Gmail to hard drive. So the problem with this method is that data can take days of work to be fully downloaded. So we can say that with it you can download Gmail emails in bulk, but in how many hours or days; we are not sure.
The other problem with this is that all of the data is saved in ZIP or MBOX format. So if you have a compatible client or app for it, you can easily open your data, but if you don’t have one, you won’t be able to access it easily.
To overcome this limitation, we have another method for you. This method will solve all the problems that you have with the methods discussed above. So, let’s go through it and download Gmail emails in bulk right away.
Automated Method to Download Multiple Gmail Emails to Computer
DotStella Gmail Backup Wizard is the medium through which you can easily download multiple Gmail emails in bulk with all attachments. This automated method gives you the flexibility and convenience that the manual method doesn’t. It can download emails from Gmail to Text, PST, PDF so that you may save them to hard drive. It is completely safe to use and maintains the integrity of all your emails during their downloads.
So let’s explain to you the process associated with this email account backup tool. We encourage you to go through it and see what you need to do at each step to download all emails from Gmail.
Process to Download All emails from Gmail to Computer
- Download the Gmail backup tool on your Windows compatible device from the link provided and install it in accordance with the terms and conditions. Now launch the tool to download emails from Gmail to hard drive.
- Now click on the Open tab and then click on Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail email address and password. Also provide the IMAP server name and port for your Gmail account, and then click Add Account.
- Once you add an account, the tool will upload all associated folders to the left pane. Here you can preview your emails if needed.
- Click the Export tab, and then choose the platform that you like best.
- Browse the location for your resulting files, enable the option as per your preference, and then click the Save button.
Your Gmail emails will now be downloaded in a matter of moments. You will be notified when the process is complete.
Checkout What Else the Gmail Backup Tool Can Do for You
- This app can easily download emails from Gmail to hard drive with all the attachments.
- The Gmail backup tool gives you a preview of Gmail emails with all the attachments.
- You can also preview the message header, hex view, and raw message of your Gmail.
- This application allows you to choose where you want to save the resulting files.
- Provides you different platforms so you can choose as you want to store your data.
We have provided you with the complete solution to download all emails from Gmail with all attachments in bulk to your hard drive. One is good for a small amount of data and the other is good for when you have large amounts of data. So, you can choose one of them based on your need and convenience.