How to Export / Import OST File to Office 365 Tenant without Outlook App ?
A proper planning and management is required to import OST to Office 365 tenant. The manual procedure for OST to Office 365 migration includes cutover, staged, or hybrid migration. It becomes difficult for administrators to use this manual idea because it asks clients to allow bundle of permissions in the account. Also, there is no guarantee that this approach to migrate OST file to Office 365 account will give 100% outcomes.
Can you suggest me a direct professional measure to import OST file into Office 365. My requirement is simply to shift my work from desktop-based Outlook mail client to my O365 tenant. The Outlook version is 2016! Your advise will be of great help for me. Please, please, please provide me an easy-to-understand and simple to implement measure. Because I don’t have strength to face complications. Hope to get reply soon!
There are several issues faced by enterprises when they decide to export OST to Office 365. Therefore, they post their problems on social media, tech forums, etc., with an expectation of getting a reliable solution. With the perspective of providing an effective and efficient approach to migrate OST file to Office 365 tenant, we are here with today’s blog.
Method to Import OST to Office 365 Account
The easiest method to upload OST file to Office 365 is to operate OST to Office 365 migration tool. It is a simplified technology to export OST to Exchange Online tenant. The application holds an easy-to-use interface, making it possible for end users to access it without having high technical knowledge.
Let’s not waste time in talking too much about the program; simply read the following steps to import Outlook OST to Office 365 with ease :
- Download the setup file of OST file converter tool on your system. Install this recently downloaded EXE file.
- Launch the OST to Office 365 converter tool and click on Open File >> Choose From A Folder option.
- Browse towards the location where .ost file is saved on your system, select it, and click on Open button.
- Prior to importing Outlook OST to Office 365, it is your major responsibility to check Outlook mailboxes. So, deeply view OST file items with each message present in them.
- Click on Export >> Office 365 to upload OST file to Office 365 tenant.
- Select those mailboxes of OST file, which you wish to export in Exchange Online tenant.
- After this, enter email id and password of target MS O365 account and hit on Save button.
- When process completion message appears, click on OK and close OST to Office 365 migration tool.
Frequently Asked Questions About OST to Office 365 Converter
Q1: How to upload Outlook OST file to Office 365 directly?
A: Refer the below-listed guidelines to convert OST to Office 365 directly :
- Launch OST to Office 365 migration tool on your computer.
- Click on Open File >> Open Configured Outlook Data File.
- Select the profile, whose items you want to upload in O365.
- Preview items and click on Export >> Office 365
- Enter email id and password of O365 & hit on Save
Q2: Will your software work in absence of Exchange server?
A: Yes, our technique to export OST to Office 365 works in absence of Exchange server. There is no need of any server to access this utility.
Q3: Can I use your application to import orphaned .ost file?
A: Yes, you can import orphaned / detached Outlook OST to Office 365 account. Also, there is no limitation on size of .ost file. It can be of large / medium / small size.
Q4: Is it essential to have Microsoft Outlook installation on PC?
A: No, if you wish to upload an orphaned OST file to Exchange Online account, it is essential to have Outlook installed on your system.
Q5: How much time will it consume to convert OST to Office 365?
A: The tool time duration to convert OST to Office 365 is dependent upon the amount of mailboxes to be uploaded. Still, our software tries its 100% to complete the work in shortest time period.
Time to Wrap Up
We have illustrated the efficient measure to import Outlook OST file to Office 365 tenant in today’s write up. Officials can test the software’s functionality for free by downloading the trial version of the program. Also, the application uploads contacts, calendars, and other folders that are present in browsed .ost. We hope that you have a hassle-free time during the OST to Office 365 migration.